Google My Business (GMB)
Google My Business (GMB) is a tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) and Google Maps.
Google's SERP returns this data in Local Pack of three listings.
Poor Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Here are 6 steps to get your GMB rankings improved:
- Claim & update your Google My Business (GMB) listing.
- Use keywords (but do not stuff) your customers are searching for businesses and organizations like yours.
- Freshen your website and make it mobile friendly.
- Get your local citations corrected and conistent.
- Get reviews on GMB, Yelp and other professional sites.
- Update your online content with high-volume keywords and images.
Once a week is a good start.
That varies, but generally, after you have claimed and verified the business or organization, anywhere between 2 to 14 days is a good gauge.
Reviews are integral part of GMB.
The following are necessary and optional (depending on your type of business or organization) components of GMB:
- Business name
- Service area
- Opening date
- Menu/Services (limited availability)
- Check-in and check-out times (hotels only)
- Hotel information (hotels only)
- Book Appointments