Google My Business (GMB)
Why create a Google My Business account?
Google My Business posting makes it straightforward for shoppers to find you, find out about you and contact your business by phone, email or online.
You need a GMB account so that you can respond to your Google reviews. Google Reviews are an important Google ranking factor.
How do I verify GMB account ?
- Make sure you have a standard Google Account for your business. This is generally done by creating a Google email account.
- Make sure you have a Business Profile. You may have to create one or pick an existing profile from the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) or Google Maps.
- Create a Google My Business account.
- Request to claim your Business Profile. This can be done via phone or mail.
- Verify ownership of your business.
Why isn’t my business showing up on Google?
How do I get My Business Listed Higher on GMB?
Here are 6 steps to get your GMB rankings improved:
- Claim & update your Google My Business (GMB) listing. Use consistent NAP (name, address, phone) information.
- Use keywords (but do not stuff) your customers are searching for businesses and organizations like yours.
- Freshen your website and make it mobile friendly.
- Get your local citations corrected and conistent.
- Get reviews on GMB, Yelp and other professional sites.
- Update your online content with high-volume keywords and images.
Does Google My Business Help SEO?
How often should you post on Google My Business?
Once a week is a good start.
How long does it take for my business to show up on Google SERP ?
That varies, but generally, after you have claimed and verified the business or organization, anywhere between 2 to 14 days is a good gauge.
What information is needed for Google Business Profile for GMB?
- Business name
- Service area
- Opening date
- Menu/Services (limited availability)
- Check-in and check-out times (hotels only)
- Hotel information (hotels only)
- Book Appointments